Re: strange problem with USB mouse

What part of don't top post don't you understand?
On Sun, Nov 18, 2007 at 01:59:47PM -0800, Serena Cantor wrote:
> X does not work.
> It seems I have to solve it on my own.
> I'll sign off the list soon.
>
> --- "Douglas A. Tutty" <dtutty@porchlight.ca> wrote:
>
> > Don't top post.

> > > modprobe input hid and mousedev, all seems OK.
> > > then I use "cat /dev/input/mice" to test mouse.
> > > The usb mouse does not respond to movement.
> >
> > Does X work?  I've never used cat to test a mouse.  I'd use a terrier.

Fine, but what is the problem.  You have a working mouse.  You remove
the hotplug package, and the mouse stops working.  Not mouse, no X.

Simple.

Why did you remove hotplug?  Why not reinstall it?

You still haven't given us any error messages.  What does startx give
you when you say "X does not work"?

You don't have to solve this on your own but you have to give us some
details to work with.

Doug.