Re: X server on lenny - broken after today's dist-upgrade

On 11/18/07, Florian Kulzer <florian.kulzer+debian@icfo.es> wrote:

> Yes, and then you need to auto-install the nvidia kernel module with
> module assistant. This will generate and install a .deb file which
> provides "nvidia-kernel-100.14.19". Afterwards it should be possible to
> install the nvidia-glx package.

Aha. I ddn't have that missing step. module-assistant simply
reinstalled the .deb I already had, which was living in /usr/src.

> I saw your other mail, but the startup messages do not provide anything
> that is useful, therefore I continue the thread here.

I was really wondering about those 'bad path' messages in the start
up, and not being able to get startkde to run. I understand not having
''cyrillic' and that's OK since I don't do Russian, and just having
that font path get deleted on startup is fine by me. It was those
other errors "expecting keysym" lines also that are throwing me for a
loop.

Meanwhile, I've since restarted X with the nvidia driver, and all is
fine at least running xfce4 - I remembered of course to save my
original tweaked xorg.conf to a different name while I was trying to
figure it out.