Re: NFS File-server Oops

Strake wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am running Debian 4.0 on a file-server, called bender, using NFS to
> serve the files, and a little while after I start to copy files to my
> server, my server's kernel oopses and the process on the client doing
> the copying hangs.
>
> Using stock kernel.
>
> The kernel according to `uname -r`: 2.6.18-4-amd64

> Pid: 203, comm: pdflush Not tainted 2.6.18-4-amd64 #1

I'm not an expert at reading these outputs, but it would appear the
problem is with pdflush.  Searching for kernel oops and pdflush turned
up this:

http://lists.debian.org/debian-kernel/2007/02/msg00182.html

It appears that other people have seen the same problem with the same
kernel.

--
Jamin W. Collins