Re: How to set Sun-JVM as the default compatible JVM for eclipse?

Tobias Nissen wrote:
Hi Michael!

Michael Yang wrote:
I had both gcj java and sun java installed on my system Lenny/Sid,
and I have set the sun java as my default jvm.
# update-alternatives --config java

But when launching my eclipse, it always uses the gcj java as its default vm, and in consequence, returns with some exceptions that I think might be caused by gcj vm.
[Exceptions]

These messages look a lot like those, I had some time ago. Switching
from gcj to sun solved the problem immediately.

All I did was purging java-gcj-* and eclipse-gcj, IIRC.
Thanks a lot Tobias! Yes, I got it working now after purged the java-gcj-compat, and re-configured the java alternatives for system.

One another thing: I put the variable JAVA_HOME in /etc/profile or $HOME/.bash_profile file, but I can't get the value in terminal until manually source the file:
# source /etc/profile
# cat /etc/profile

JAVA_HOME=/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5.0-sun; export JAVA_HOME
CLASSPATH=$JAVA_HOME/lib; export CLASSPATH
PATH=$JAVA_HOME/bin:$PATH;
export PATH

I use rxvt as my terminal. I have to manually source the profile before running the java program in terminal.

Any ideas about it?

Thanks.
-Michael

HTH!