Re: printing a scanned document

Dnia 15/11/07 19:12,Hugo Vanwoerkom napisał:
Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:
Hi,

I was sent a scanned document, it was a .jpeg file.
So I downloaded the .jpeg and used display to view it.
Then I printed it, but it was about 1/2 the size of a sheet of paper and hard to read.

So I used display to resize it 150% and sharpen the image.

That worked OK *viewing* it but it *prints* still the same small image.

How do I make it print a larger image that is sharpened?

Thanks guys.
I did not want to install Gimp: too many notes...

convert did not do the job, who knows why.

But using oo writer and inserting the jpeg image somehow expanded it to page size and it printed as such.

Hugo

I think the problem was the ppi setting (pixels per inch?). The value might be high and while it looks OK on the screen, the printout is small. I'd try to manipulate this value (ie change it to some lower one).

Kind regards,
Michal R. Hoffmann