Re: printing a scanned document

Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was sent a scanned document, it was a .jpeg file.
> So I downloaded the .jpeg and used display to view it.
> Then I printed it, but it was about 1/2 the size of a sheet of paper and
> hard to read.
>
> So I used display to resize it 150% and sharpen the image.
>
> That worked OK *viewing* it but it *prints* still the same small image.
>
> How do I make it print a larger image that is sharpened?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Hugo

I would try:
1. Make a copy of the original image and work only on the copy.
2. Make the image grayscale and threshold it (perhaps using gimp).
3. Save it as a pgm file.
4. Convert it to a vector graphics format, perhaps eps, using potrace.
5. Enlarge that image to the proper size and print it. The image is a
vector graphic so should print fine.

->HS