Re: Can't type UPPERCASE character in Geany?

Andrei Popescu wrote:
On Tue, Nov 13, 2007 at 07:11:50AM +0800, Michael Yang wrote:
On Nov 13, 2007 3:03 AM, Andrei Popescu <andreimpopescu@gmail.com> wrote:

On Sat, Nov 10, 2007 at 09:19:20PM +0800, Michael Yang wrote:
Any body using geany editor?
I can't type any characters in upper case, although I have had CAPS key
enabled.
Can you type uppercase in other applications?

yes, surely I can. That's why I felt confused the uppercase doesn't work in
geany.

I don't use geany, I just installed it for a short test. The version in unstable doesn't seem to have this problem. Maybe you should look through the bugs first (bugs.debian.org/geany).
I just re-installed with unstable repos, the uppercase can be entered by SHIFT+char, but with CAP keys pressed, the entered chars are all in lowercase. I don't know why. It seems a problem on the support of CAP key mapping, I guess.

There's no problem to type in uppercase with CAPs key pressed in other applications.

Still wondering....

Anyway, the shift key works!

Thanks.
Regards,