how to generate a graphical call graph

I was looking for a tool that would generate a graphical call graph (aka
SGI's old Speedshop tools) but couldn't find anything appropriate in
'etch'. ie for a given Fortran  code that has numerous subroutines I
wish to know what calls what (eg via gprof) but also to get a graphical
representation (without having to put it all manually into Xfig or the
like).

It's possible that my choice of apt-cache search strings meant I missed
something in which case pray tell!

The only thing that I could find with a quick Google was Intel's Vtune
but that seems inappropriate for Debian in that the provided install.sh
script attempts to find 'chkconfig', fails and aborts!

All ideas most welcome,
Ta, M