Re: Text on printed pages truncated

Douglas Tutty <dtutty <at> porchlight.ca> writes:

> On Wed, Jan 10, 2007 at 02:44:16PM -0500, Ken Heard wrote:
> > Andrew Sackville-West wrote, in part:
> >
> > >I just pulled in epiphany and it gives the same truncated text
> > >behavior as iceweasel. the truncation with gnucash is somewhat
> > >different, but may be related. So that's three apps printing html with
> > >truncated text and at least two of them (epiphany and gnucash) use
> > >libgnomeprint. and iceweasel is using gtk and maybe they've got gnome
> > >printing statically linked in? or use gnome printing to build their
> > >print enging? (thus not showing the dependency).
> > >
> > >anyway, that's all I've got.
> >
> > 	Nevertheless, it is far better than nothing.  I need to review
> > carefully which of the applications I use cause the truncation and which
> > do not.  So far, I have discovered that anything printed through Dosemu
> > is okay.  Pdf files printed from the Acrobat reader are okay, but not
> > those printed from other pdf readers including Kpdf and Xpdf.
>
> What happens if you print to a ps file from all the aps then read the ps
> with gv?  That should show you if the problem is in the converstion to
> ps or in the conversion of ps to the printer's format.

Hey folks, has anyone made any progress on this?

The odd thing is, I wasn't seeing this problem in lenny (which was an
upgrade from etch which was an upgrade from sarge which may also have
been an upgrade from woody). However, after my disk went south and I
installed a fresh copy of lenny this weekend, I now see the problem.

FYI, if I print to PDF from Gnucash and view the PDF from evince, the
top of the report is cut off, so the problem lies in the app to PDF
conversion.