Re: Telnet/SSH Terminal Help

Todd A. Jacobs wrote:
On Sun, Oct 28, 2007 at 09:37:06PM -0700, Jeff Grossman wrote:

or mc it does not show any lines just funky characters for the lines.

Just a shot in the dark, but I've occasionally run into weird problems
where one system has UTF-8 support installed while the other doesn't.
Make sure both systems have UTF-8 support, and that you're using the
same locales and termcap entries on both ends.

Sometimes, it's easier just to run everything in VT-100 mode. :)

I finally got my terminal problem fixed. I don't know much about locales, but I started messing around with them. If I used LC_ALL="en_US.UTF-8" the lines were the same as LC_ALL="C" which was almost perfect except for the right hand side line. I changed the line to say LC_ALL="en_US" and now all of the lines are drawing correctly.

I put the following code in my /etc/bash.bashrc file and everything appears to be working fine.

export LC_ALL="en_US"
export LANG="en_US"

Thanks for all of the suggestions and help on this issue.

Jeff