Re: hda=noprobe fails

The motherboard is a BX Slot 1 board. I have installed Win98 and sarge. In sarge, which use kernel
2.4, I have successfully disabled ide probing.

The board's ide interface is OK, because I have used IDE disk and cdrom before.

It's not a hardware problem. The problem is with kernel 2.6

I just want to disable ide probing during boot.