Re: GNU Emacs 21.4.1 and euro symbol

2007/11/10, Pavel SRB <srb@heckler-koch.cz>:
> Pál Csányi wrote:
> > 2007/11/8, Pavel SRB <srb@heckler-koch.cz>:
> >
> >> for my Emacs, to be able to write in Czech language a had to set .emacs :
> >>
> >> (custom-set-variables
> >> '(current-language-environment "czech")
> >>  '(default-input-method "czech")
> >
> > I try it with "hun", "hu", "hungarian", but get an error message in Emacs:
> >
> > An error has occurred while loading `/home/csanyipal/.emacs':
> >
> > error: "Language environment not defined: \"hu\""
> >
> > Where can I find the proper name form the Hungarian environment?
> >
> post your whole .emacs and also locale,

.emacs:
-----------
(load "/home/csanyipal/.emacs-records")

(autoload 'boxes-command-on-region "boxes" nil t)
(autoload 'boxes-remove "boxes" nil t)
(autoload 'boxes-create "boxes" nil t)
(global-set-key "\C-cq" 'boxes-create)
(global-set-key "\C-cr" 'boxes-remove)

(set-language-environment "Hungarian")

locale:
---------
LANG=
LC_CTYPE="hu_HU"
LC_NUMERIC="hu_HU"
LC_TIME="hu_HU"
LC_COLLATE="hu_HU"
LC_MONETARY="hu_HU"
LC_MESSAGES="hu_HU"
LC_PAPER="hu_HU"
LC_NAME="hu_HU"
LC_ADDRESS="hu_HU"
LC_TELEPHONE="hu_HU"
LC_MEASUREMENT="hu_HU"
LC_IDENTIFICATION="hu_HU"
LC_ALL=hu_HU

> also try putting in .emacs
> (set-language-environment "Hungarian")

An error has occurred while loading `/home/csanyipal/.emacs':

error: "Language environment not defined: \"Hungarian\""

I red here:
http://tldp.org/HOWTO/Euro-Char-Support/x79.html
the following:
"Note that you cannot write Euro characters. You can only see them."

So, I can see the euro character in Emacs, but can't write them in
urxvt, nor in emacs, but only in Openoffice Writer.

I use the Hungarian keyboard qwertz.

Can you, Pavel, write the euro character in your Emacs?

--
Regards, Paul Csanyi