Re: how to install wien2k

abdelkader belahcene wrote:

> Hi,
> I tried to install wien2k on debian etch, i coudn't, for several reasons,
>
> one of them,  it needs fortran 90, I can't find it in debian
> repository, just gfortran ( fortran 95). We have install it in fedora
> 2 or 3 !!! I don't remmeber what exacltly the installed packages.

Please note that fortran is backwards compatible for all practical purposes.
This means that a fortran 95 compiler can compile fortran 90, FORTRAN 77
programs provided the programs are standard conforming.

So, gfortran even though advertised as a fortran 95 compiler can still
compile program written in fortran 90, FORTRAN 77 etc., It even has some
fortran 2003 features (but I never tested them). For better experience, I
suggest you use gfortran >= 4.2. I found that the previous versions 4.1,
4.0 to be a bit buggy and the fixes in the latest versions are not
backported.

AFAIK, Debian does not have any wien2k. If you can tell where the upstream
sources are, then one of us can probably help more...

hth
raju
--
Kamaraju S Kusumanchi