Re: Suggest core2duo motherboard for debian.

Semih Gokalp:

> Hi.I have Asus P5K SE motherboard and can not install debian etch amd64.
> When I try install debian etch,cd-rom device not mount so i can not install.

You might try to use thew installer for lenny, since it contains a more
recent kernel. At <http://kmuto.jp/debian/d-i/> you even find an
installer for etch which is using 2.6.23.

One minute of googling revealed that your board probably uses a JMicron
IDE controller which should be supported by a recent kernel. For older
kernels, the boot option generic.all_generic_ide=1 might help out.

J.
--
I count my partner's eyelashes.
[Agree]   [Disagree]