Re: User-provided post-install script?

Kevin Mark wrote:
So apt-get calls dpkg and dpkg has 'post-invoke' options that run a
shell script.  Never tried this but this seem like a place to start.

(See my other reply; *maybe* using the apt hooks is easier--but in reality it belongs to the dpkg space. Imagine I download a .deb and install it manually using dpkg -i, it would not call my hooks. So wrapping dpkg seems like a better solution, possibly a bit more complicated.)

Please report ANY bug. I'm not sure why you would assume that a bug in
stable would not be fixed?

I've reported it now. I thought only severe (data corruption) bugs and security problems are fixed in stable releases (and I assume(d) that perl upstream will have noticed and fixed the warning anyway by the time I sent the bug report, but in any case I've reported it anyway now).

Christian.