Striping comment from configuration files on stdout

Hi all,

this is something I saw in the past in this NG but I can't retrieve it anywhere. I looked for it since a while without any luck. Then I decided to try here...

Goal is from bash command to strip command lines from a configuration file (i.e for asterisk sip.conf) and display the output on sdout or pipe it into a new file. I would like to keep only used lines...

Hoping this clear; many thanks in anticipation.

Regards,
JL