Re: what's your favourite FLOSS?

On Wed, Nov 07, 2007 at 05:44:59PM +0200, Tshepang Lekhonkhobe wrote:
> On Nov 7, 2007 4:32 AM, Douglas A. Tutty <dtutty@porchlight.ca> wrote:
> > > web browser:
> > lynx, konqueror, + iceweasel (in i386 chroot for flash, javascript, plus
> > a couple of sites that won't work on konq).
>
> This makes me curious why i386 chroot?

Because I'm running Etch amd64.  There is no flashplayer for amd64 and
no wrapper (as there is in Lenny).  So a browser plus flash needs to be
in a chroot.  I'm on dialup and iceweasel has frequent enough security
replacment (and its a big download when that happens) that I only want
one copy to have to maintain; in the i386 chroot.  My normal day-to-day
browsing is with Konqueror amd64 and requires neither flash nor
javascript.

Doug.