Re: Which browser is better, firefox?

"Douglas A. Tutty" <dtutty@porchlight.ca> writes:

> On Thu, Nov 08, 2007 at 09:52:43PM +0800, Kenlen wrote:
>> recommend w3m... I think better than lynx. .
>>

> I tried w3m but I couldn't get it to work.  IIRC its just that its a
> different key commands so its a new learning curve.  Since I didn't see
> what it would do better I didn't bother trying to learn it and
> uninstalled w3m instead.

I love text browsers, and generally prefer them if something else isn't
absolutely required.  Having tried all I can I have consistently found
elinks to be the best performer of the lot.  It has the most flexible
configurations, with all the best features of the others combined into
one (with the exception of javascript and https I think).  It has
features such as tabs, a status bar (with a clock), 256 color support,
tables, and so on.  It can even set the background color to that of the
original page which can be quite cool in many instances (if you're not
reading slashdot).  If one is really doing a lot of text browsing elinks
is very much worth the look.

Patrick