Re: what's your favourite FLOSS?

Tshepang Lekhonkhobe wrote:
On Nov 6, 2007 8:53 PM, Andrew Sackville-West
<andrew@farwestbilliards.com> wrote:
emacs (comes with a free operating system)

Me don't understand.

The long-standing joke is that emacs is a great editor, but a mediocre operating system. Most often pitted against its arch-rival vi in religious wars, emacs is (in that context) somewhat "bloated" according to its detractors. The fact that one can do email, webbrowsing, and work in a command-line environment simultaneously (all of that and much more without ever leaving emacs) is what has given rise to this mythos.

Personally I feel that any editor that can't do M-x psychoanalyze-pinhead is woefully incomplete, but that's just me (and I hate getting stuck on a system where all that's available is vi), and this probably isn't the place or time to re-ignite that never ending religious war...

	be well,
		~c