Re: updating to last sarge

roberto:

> in order to perform a distro upgrade to debian etch i have to do the
> update to the last released sarge (as stated in debian official guide
> to this kind of upgrade)
>
> so i have to change the occurrences of "stable" in my /etc/apt/sources.list
> to "sarge"

If you are currently using "stable" entries and have already made
upgrades or installed any package after etch has been released, you are
most probably running a mix of etch and sarge already.

On official mirrors, "stable" always refers to the current stable
version which is etch now. By using "stable" in your sources.list, you
automatically receive packages from a new stable version as soon as it
is released. Running 'aptitude upgrade' in your situation should show a
lot of packages being "kept back". If this is the case, you should try
to do 'aptitude dist-upgrade' in order to bring your system to a
consistent state. You may have to run this more than once to resolve all
dependencies.

Since you appear to have already read the release notes, I don't think
there's anything else you need to do.

J.
--
I think the environment will be okay.