Re: Debian Lenny freezes in X

Hi Lars!

Lars wrote:
[...]
> Tobias wrote:
>> I have/had a similar Problem. Maybe it's the same. Does yours also
>> occur if there is no network (internet) connection?
>
> I looked at the connection and it showed, that I create the freeze
> in Xfce4 by unplugging the cable (syslog at the end, dmesg said
> nothing usefull). Unplugging has no effect on iceWM and gnome.
> I started replying your comments in Gnome and it froze the second
> time. During the freeze I noticed that the LED's on my switch where
> off, as there where no link on the ethernet cable to my laptop.

OK, this is different from the bug I experience. Mine seems to have
something to do with setting the time with ntpd (where old and new time
vary a lot), hence the question about your connection. Here it's
triggered as soon as an internet connection exists.

Sorry that this doesn't help you! Regards,
Tobias