Re: ssh port not opening

On Mon, Nov 05, 2007 at 09:08:21PM +0000, John O Laoi wrote:
> "Looks like there's your problem.  You don't have openssh-server
> installed."
>

> "aptitude install openssh-server
> >
> > This should solve your problems."
>

> Thanks everyone. That did it.
> I suppose that I should have done
> #aptitude install ssh  openssh-server
> in the first place.

one of the first things I did when you posted was look at `apt-cache
show ssh` and it depends on openssh-server, so that should have been
installed. I'm on sid, so maybe the dependencies are different, but
youmight want to investigate why it didn't get pulled in to your
system. Or what you may have done to inadvertently remove it.