Re: multimedia driver support questions...

On Nov 4, 2007 8:33 PM, Peter <peter@bsqt.homeip.net> wrote:

> running Debian Etch.   I have an HP slimline 3120 (AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual
> Core Processor 4200+)
> with an MCP51 chipset providing HDA sound.
>
> sound quibble:
>     -- when I plug my speakers into 'front' speaker jack (green in the pack)
> I only get a mono signal, and output only on the right channel.
>    -- if I plug into the jack for these 2.1 speakers into the earphone jack,
> and I get stereo. but the balance doesn't work.

MCP51 audio seems to be a major pain. For example, google "MCP51 alsa"

And here is a 13 page thread spanning over a year on the problem:

> Tuner card:
>   -- There is a tv tuner in the PCI slot.  I think it is this thing (from
> lspci -v)
>
> 02:09.0 Multimedia controller: Unknown device 1745:2100
>         Subsystem: ASUSTeK Computer Inc. Unknown device 48a3
>         Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 32, IRQ 11
>         Memory at fde00000 (32-bit, prefetchable) [size=1M]
>         Memory at fdbe0000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=64K]
>         Capabilities: [40] Power Management version 2
>

> Any idea how to get video4linux to recognize it, so that I can have mythtv
> use it?

After much googling, it seems to be a ViXS (1745) PureTV-U (2100) device
aka ViXS XCode 2100. I am seeing very little info on it at all and basically
nothing linux related. Don't get you hopes up.

> Multimedia card reader:
>       There is one on the front of the case, but I can see nothing in lspci
> or lsusb which would indicate
> what device this is.  It doesn't work.

Can you look inside and see what kind cable it uses (USB, IDE, SATA)?

Definitely not a computer designed with Linux in mind.
Sorry I can't help more.

Cheers,
Kelly Clowers