Re: how to read http mails in mutt mail reader (vim)?

On Sun, Nov 04, 2007 at 08:40:12AM +0000, Andy Smith wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 04, 2007 at 07:31:53PM +1100, hce wrote:
> > I've just installed mutt in Debian, one problem is there are some
> > mails from news lists with HTTP format, it was fine when I use Mozilla
> > mail reader, but with mutt and vim, I could not read the HTTP format
> > mails. One solution I can think of is to use lynx, but I don't know
> > how to config mutt with lynx. How do you handle this issue?
>
> If you mean HTML, there was a post to Planet Debian on this subject
> just yesterday:

I think the OP means HTTP links, i.e. URLs in mails.

Since you're on Debian, I'd suggest apt-get install urlview and add
the urlview and add the config to your muttrc like the one in present
in /usr/share/doc/mutt/examples/sample.muttrc.gz, which is:

macro index \cb "<pipe-message> urlview<Enter>"	# simulate the old browse-url function

HTH.

Kumar
--
Kumar Appaiah,