Re: Connect to remote CVS server

Hi Rocky,

On Thu, Nov 01, 2007 at 01:11:54AM -0000, rockymaxsource wrote:
> Can any of you tell me how to use SSH to connect to remote CVS
> repository with user name and password please?

Set the CVS_RSH variable to 'ssh' and then use :ext:username as your
username in the cvs root specification.  For example:

$ export CVS_RSH='ssh'
$ cvs -d :ext:andy@strugglers.net:/data/cvs checkout some_module

This checks out the module some_module, from the cvsroot of
/data/cvs, on the host strugglers.net, over ssh, authenticating as
user andy.

See
http://cvsbook.red-bean.com/cvsbook.html#Accessing%20A%20Repository
for more information.

Cheers,
Andy

Encrypted mail welcome - keyid 0x604DE5DB