Re: how to reinstall?

On 2 Nov 2007, at 18:10, Andrew Sackville-West wrote:

On Fri, Nov 02, 2007 at 06:01:51PM +0000, michael wrote:

sorry to be thick but when I run the netinst CD it knows about the current partitions so if I just hit 'finish partitioning and write changes to disk' is that sufficient/right? surely it will either wipe all data off disk (not what I want) or change nothing (perhaps not what I want depending if the remainder of the installation will effectively wipe current OS and
additional packages and replace with ONLY the raw netInst CD o/s)

you can go into the partitioner and edit what it does with each
partition: keep as is, ignore, reformat, whatever.

ah, so the default is to leave data? so I just select 'erase data' for those I want the data erasing?
;)

thanks, M