Re: libgtkhtml: need help with compilation error

Andrew Sackville-West wrote:

> definitely looks like you're missing a library there. or at least
> missing an include for GtkPrintOperation. That's per google and I'm no
> dev.
>
> On my system, the function gtk_print_operation_new is provided by
> /usr/include/gtk-2.0/gtkprintoperation.h, part of  libgtk2.0-dev.
>
> I found this by a quick google on the undefined references above and a
> little grepping in /usr/include. You can probably do this as well...

Hi Andrew,

thanks for your help. My GTK (libgtk2.0-dev from the Etch repos) does not
have /usr/include/gtk-2.0/gtkprintoperation.h! I compiled it from source and
now have this file in /usr/local/include/gtk-2.0/. How do I tell configure
and/or make to look for GTK at this location? I already tried

$ ./configure LD_LIBRARY_PATH='/usr/local/include'

(without knowing what exactly I was doing), but it didn't work.

Regards,
Rehceb