Re: Mouse + curses (+ vim), was Re: Apt-Get or Aptitude

On Nov 1, 2007, at 2:41 PM, cls@truffula.sj.ca.us wrote:

[This message has also been posted to linux.debian.user.]
In article <9k8H9-7BF-7@gated-at.bofh.it>, Nate Duehr wrote:
I think the niftiest feature (and one that still has me scratching my
head as to how you accomplished it) is the MOUSE control in curses
over SSH from a WINDOWS box?!  That's amazing.

I first saw that in the vi clone "elvis."  Shortly after I suggested
it to its author.  But maybe he was already working on it.

I first ran into it in Pine.

I think the mouse support itself started out as an xterm feature, and then was copied by a lot of other terminal emulators, including PuTTY.