Re: When will libswt-gtk (libswt-gtk-3.2) will get a new version in testing (AMD64)

Jabka Atu wrote:

> Since there is a bug with libswt-gtk-3.2 (448021 it is azureus bug but
> it is couse of this package).
>
> i got an answer from one Debian Developer that i should wait for wait
> for 3.2.2-2 to transition to testing, or for 3.3.1-1 to be accepted
> from the NEW queue.
>

> The question is there a way to make it faster or How can i help in it
> if i can ?

One practical way of solving this problem is to just add unstable
repositories in your sources.list and then install the required packages
from unstable. Once you are successful, you can remove the entries
corresponding to unstable from the sources.list, if you wish so. Not very
elegant, but works often and is the quickest solution.

Now coming back to the original question, the source package corresponding
to libswt-gtk-3.2 is swt-gtk. I was looking in the build logs
(buildd.debian.org) as to why swt-gtk 3.2.2-2 did not enter testing and I
found a build failure on powerpc architecture
http://buildd.debian.org/fetch.cgi?&pkg=swt-gtk&ver=3.2.2-2&arch=powerpc&stamp=1192511850&file=log

I don't know much about java, swt-gtk to figure out the cause of this issue.
You should try to either fix that problem or inform someone on
debian-release if it is a random toolchain issue.

On other architectures swt-gtk failed to build because all the dependencies
are not there yet. Here your options are limited. Track down which
dependency is stopping the build and try to fix that problem. If not let
the maintainers of the dependent package fix that problem. After that
swt-gtk will be rebuilt automatically.

The whole thing might take anywhere from days to months to sort out. This is
the problem with testing branch. Normally it does not break. But if it
breaks, it takes a long time for it to get fixed. Been there, experienced
that!

hth
raju

--