Re: Can't Remove Files

>   It looks like your USB device has gotten corrupted (did you pull it
> out without unmounting first?).  I would suggest running
> "fsck -r /dev/sde1" to fix the problems -- you might lose some files,
> but odds are they aren't accessible any more anyway.
>
>   Daniel

Daniel,

	Thanks.  I had already tried that but then went at it again
	after what you wrote.  I kept getting an error like:

		"no fsck.vfat"

	I found that I needed to install dosfstools and link the dosfsck
	to the fsck.vfat like this:

		ln -s /sbin/dosfsck /sbin/fsck.vfat

	After that the command that you wrote worked, as well as deleted
	the file that I was having trouble with.

	I'm being verbose so that anyone else with this problem can
	follow this thread.
--
Telly Williams
"Knowledge Is Power"