Re: "apt-cdrom add" using an ISO image

On 9/20/07, Douglas A. Tutty <dtutty@porchlight.ca> wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 20, 2007 at 08:57:28AM +0300, Andrei Popescu wrote:
> > On Thu, Sep 20, 2007 at 07:35:07AM +0200, Tshepang Lekhonkhobe wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I'd like to loop-mount an ISO image and do an "apt-cdrom add" from it.
> > > I looked around and couldn't find the option. Is it possible?
> >
> > From the manpages I think this should to the trick (untested)
> >
> > mount /my/image.iso /mountpoint -oloop
> > apt-cdrom -d=/mountpoint add
> >
> > And /mountpoint must be listed in fstab.
> >

> For this, I would suggest creating a dedicated mount point and puting
> the whole thing in fstab.  This way, aptitude can have apt mount the CD
> without any further intervention from you.

The relevant fstab line looks like this:

/home/wena/aptoncd.iso /home/wena/soka iso9660 user,loop        0       0

With this I'm able to add the contents to sources.list with:

apt-cdrom -m -d=/home/wena/soka add

But then later apt keeps asking me to insert the disk inside as if it
does not notice that the image is already mounted. How can I let it
install from a mounted image? This is what the relevant line in
sources.list file looks like:

deb cdrom:[APTonCD for   - i386 (2007-10-17 13:19) DVD1]/ /

--
my place on the web:
floss-and-misc.blogspot.com