Re: how can I see version changes using aptitude?

On 10/13/07, Giorgos Pallas <gpall@ccf.auth.gr> wrote:
> Hello to everybody!
>
> When I was using synaptic, I remember that it showed the version changes
> for every packet that was to be upgraded.
>
> Where exactly is this information hidden? How can I see it using
> aptitude, or maybe another command-line tool? I searched the internet
> but I can't seem to find something...

Do you want to see the current version number of the packages and the
new version number? You can see that by using aptitude in interactive
mode (invoke "aptitude" instead of "aptitude upgrade").

If you mean you want to see what changes have been made to the
packages, check out apt-listchanges.

Cheers,
Kelly