Re: Mysql Database installation problem

[ Please send your replies to the list and stop top-posting. ]

On Tue, Oct 09, 2007 at 14:55:31 -0400, anand AT drtc DOT isibang DOT ac DOT in wrote:
> Thanx Florian,
> I tried to install mysql-server-5.0 using apt-get and I got the following
> error-
>
> localhost:~# apt-get install mysql-server-5.0

[...]

> Setting up php-sqlite3 (0.4-4) ...

php-sqlite3 is still not set up properly, so apt will try to configure
it again whenever it performs operations on other packages.

> Forcing reload of web server (apache2)...apache2: Could not reliably
> determine the server's fully qualified domain name, using 127.0.0.1 for
> ServerName

Configuring php-sqlite3 requires restarting apache2.

> httpd (no pid file) not running
> apache2: Could not reliably determine the server's fully qualified domain
> name, using 127.0.0.1 for ServerName
> (98)Address already in use: make_sock: could not bind to address [::]:80
> (98)Address already in use: make_sock: could not bind to address 0.0.0.0:80

apache2 can not start because some other process seems to be blocking
port 80.

> Unable to open logs
>  failed!
> invoke-rc.d: initscript apache2, action "restart" failed.
> dpkg: error processing php-sqlite3 (--configure):
>  subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 1
> Setting up mysql-server-5.0 (5.0.32-7etch1) ...
> Stopping MySQL database server: mysqld.

>  php-sqlite3

You have to find out what is blocking port 80. Run this command as root:

netstat -plant | grep :80

and send the output to the list.

          Florian   |