Re: Converting mp3 to audio CDs

Kevin Mark writes:
>> There are probably many ways to do this. I would suggest "sox" to convert th
>> mp3 files to wav, and "k3b" to create the audio tracks from the wav files.
>>
>I was just thinking that some 'modern' cd player can play a data cd full
>of mp3 and a standard format audio cd. K3b should make both.

	Some DVD players will also play MP3's.

	If your version of sox can't handle MP3's, but you have
mplayer, try:

mplayer stream.dump -ao pcm:file=dumpstream.wav -vc dummy -vo null

	I was not the one to come up with this on my own, but
got it from a poster on another list and it seems to work fine.
You will want to make sure your .wav file is the correct format
such as 44.1-KHZ sampling, 2 channels, etc. Even if it isn't,
sox should get you the rest of the way there.