Re: (etch) Using aptitude after using dselect - any issues?

Thanks for the input - I asked because I thought I'd seen warnings about using aptitude after using dselect since installation. I am using aptitude now without apparent issue, although my system isn't a very complex setup and I'm on stable.

Miles Bader wrote:
"Mumia W.." <paduille.4061.mumia.w+nospam@earthlink.net> writes:
That's true, but that wasn't what he asked. Martin wanted to know if it
is safe to use aptitude after having used dselect up to now, and the
answer is "no"--unless certain steps are taken in aptitude.

Christ Mumia, would you stop spreading this clueless FUD?

It should be perfectly safe, in general, to use aptitude having used
dselect up to now.