PXE booting over VPN

Hello,

I'm going to deploy several soekris boxes on different locations. Now
those nifty things can PXE boot and I was thinking about how to update
them.

I think the easiest would be to PXE boot them from some server located
remotely and trigger something that let's the box reboot when I need
to update it, the problem now is how I can establish a VPN tunnel etc
to do that.

Now I have now idea how to actually do that. I need a VPN tunnel to
reach the boot server but for that the machine has to have VPN
connectivity which is only available after it's booted. Chicken egg
problem :/.

any recipes how to achieve that with debian are welcome.

thanks
martin

--
http://noneisyours.marcher.name