Re: Primary And Extended Partition

On Wed, Oct 03, 2007 at 07:49:28AM -0700, Simbarashe Mhondiwa wrote:
> I am having a difficult on the following issue. I am having a difficult in fully explaining thwe difference between primary partition and extended partition would you please add more light to it for me please.
> Hope to hear from you so soon!

you can generally have four primary partitions on a disk. This can
often not be enough partitions. So if you flag one of those partitions
as an extended partition, then you can put *more* partitions within
that one.

| Partition 1 | Partition 2 | Partition 3 | Partition 4        |
                                          | ext1 | ext2 | ext3 |

hth