Re: Random System Crashes

On 10/2/07, Michael Pobega <pobega@gmail.com> wrote:
> Lately (For the past month or so) I've been experiencing random system
> crashes. My system would just completely lock up and not respond to
> anything but a power-down (I've tried switching to TTY1, among other
> things, but nothing works).
> I don't even know where to start diagnosing this problem...I'm looking
> for help on where to start. ANY help would be appreciated.
> If you need any more information just ask, besides the fact that I'm
> running Debian Lenny with a teeny bit of Sid (amd64 as well).

It may be this xorg freezing problem that some people have been
having. Can do a remote login? If so does everything seem to work
alright in the new session?

There was some discussion related to this on the list[1] a while back
and today on a blog on planet Ubuntu[2]. However, AFAIK no one has
come up with anything.

Sorry I can't be of more help.