Gnome delete user

Background: Two Etch installs literally accross the street from each
other with different owners. Mixed up my notes and installed a user
account from the first on the second. The Gnome user manager tool won't
remove the home directory (I don't know if that's the only thing it
won't remove). I would really like to completely remove the user before
adding the correct one so I can show the owner a GUI way of doing it.
BTW, "completely" means not a speck or trace of the removed user left.

Question: Is there what might be called an "industrial strength" GUI
user manager tool that will remove a user as though it never existed?

Thanks,
Jim