Re: iscan frustration Compounded!

On Sun, 30 Sep 2007 09:24:06 -0400, Thomas H. George wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 25, 2007 at 12:59:26PM -0000, Chris Davies wrote:
>> Thomas H. George <lists@tomgeorge.info> wrote:
>> > I own two Epson scanners, a Perfection 2400 Photo and a Perfection V100
>> > Photo.
>>
>> > Neither work with Debian Linux.
>>
>> Check the location of the firmware file, esfw41.bin. A few upgrades ago,
>> my system also lost the configuration entry in /etc/sane.d/snapscan.conf
>> that defined this.
>>
> There was no esfw41.bin in my system.

Depending on the version of "iscan" that is installed, "esfw41.bin" is
either included in iscan install or is an Epson plugin that has to be
downloaded from the Epson website and put into the correct directory (that
will enable "iscan" to find it).

My problem is that, since updating to Etch. I no longer know what the
correct directory is.

Felix Karpfen

--
Felix Karpfen