Re: How do you turn on and off a program automatcially

All,

 Even if we solve this by going for an alternative approach as to using
a text based program, we still need a method by which we can run some
curses based application
For this we can use "screen"  (man screen)
Open a new terminal and then run the program
After running this program, we can use cron to send
***** kill -STOP <pid>
***** kill  -CONT <pid>
change (*****) with the cron timing which seuits you. This way we can
start and stop the program  at will.

--
Bhasker C V
Registered Linux user: #306349 (counter.li.org)