Re: euro symbol in xterm (fvwm)

On Sun, 30 Sep 2007 13:36:09 -0400, I asked how to select a font for xterms
under fvwm that would display UTF8 codes.

On Sun, 30 Sep 2007 23:37:38 +0200, Sjoerd Hiemstra replied:

> This was discussed in this list some time ago.  JW Stumpel pointed to
> his site explaining how to do it: "Configuring xterm for UTF-8".
>     http://www.jw-stumpel.nl/xterm.html
> In short, you need to install xfonts-efont-unicode and configure
> ~/.Xresources or ~/.Xdefaults.

Thanks.  I eventually got this working with that link and another really
useful one on X fonts:

I did install xfonts-efont-unicode but in the end didn't need it.  Instead, I
set the default xterm font to this:

which is in the 7x14.pcf.gz file from xfonts-base.  It passes the UTF tests
I've tried so far.  I'm not sure how this is different from the efont
version, namely:

other than a slightly different ptSz.