Re: rescue bootable cd ???

helices wrote:
> I have several rather complex debian systems, including software raid 5
> and lvm, &c.
>
> Occasionally, in the past, I have upgraded a debian system, after which
> it no longer boots successfully.  Unfortunately, for these complex
> systems, neither the install/boot media, nor knoppix, result in access
> to the files necessary to recover these systems.
>
> So, going forward, I want to incorporate generation of bootable rescue
> cd's into my upgrade processes.  Clearly, such a cd will exactly
> duplicate my last successful boot, and give access to ALL files and
> filesystems.
>
> [1] What is the simplest & most reliable process for creating such a cd?
>

> What do you do?
>
> What do you think

Before proceeding with major upgrades, I boot with Clonezilla
(http://clonezilla.sourceforge.net/download/sourceforge/) and I create
an image of the hard disk. This image is written to an external USB hard
disk. Should anything goes funny after the upgrade, I can always revert
to the state before the upgrade...

G.