apt-get file:/; unloading kernel modules (2.6.18).

Hi,

1. I have copied my Debian CDs to hard-disk and have added the
required sources.list lines. The problem is that, when i do a apt-get
install pkg, it tries to load from the internet since they have the
latest pkg. Since i pay for data transfer, i was wondering if there
was a way to tell apt-get to use file:/ instead of the net?

Obviously i don't want to hash out my http:// and ftp:// source.list,
lines because i do install from the net from time to time - also,
every time i hash in the net lines  apt will redownload meta-data and
upto 5-6MB goes waste.

dpkg -i /verylongPath is not an option - i want this working in apt-
get.

2. Is there a way to tell the debian kernel module not to load certain
modules. Blacklisting doesn't seem to be the right way from what i
understood of the man modprobe.conf page. I've got pcspkr, rtc, ipv6,
ali_agp, processor etc loaded and i don;t want to rmmod them - i'd
rather not have them load. Is there any way to do this?

I am using Debian Etch, kernel -2.6.18-5-486.