Re: udev and automounting

On Sat, Sep 29, 2007 at 08:24:51PM -0400, Max Hyre wrote:
> Andrei Popescu wrote:
> >You could also run 'sync;umount /dev/sda1' before unplugging, just to be
> >sure.
>
>    Umm, OK.  But that sort of obviates the point of
> usbmount.  I guess I'll just continue to umount by hand.

I don't use any sort of automounting or unmounting.  I don't have
NFS-homes (the traditional UNIX automounter setup).  This is a UNIX-like
OS, although its lookin more and more like a Windows-like OS.

I label the filesystems on anything I want users to mount.  I then have
per-label mount points and lines in fstab; users are responsible for
their own mounts and umounts and any damage they do.  Then again, I
don't have that many devices.

Doug.