Re: Penalty of SELinux?

On Thu, Sep 27, 2007 at 07:55:47PM +0200, Michelle Konzack wrote:
> Am 2007-09-23 11:14:57, schrieb Douglas A. Tutty:
> > On small systems, what about the penalty of just larger binaries?  I
> > have some older boxes with 16-64 MB ram.
> >
> > Doug.
> ------------------------- END OF REPLIED MESSAGE -------------------------
>
> Look at <http://www.ebay.com/> to get FPM's for your old 486
> machines or faster EDO's for the Pentium 1.
>
> I have 486 machines running too, but not a singel one has less
> then 64 MBytes...

The problem for me with ebay is that even with the CDN dollar at par
with the US, VISA still takes a conversion chunk to pay paypal in US
Dollars.  Even if the product is in Canada, the prices are in US dollars
and payment is in US dollars.  Then there's the shipping, plus if its
_not_ in Canada there's the Customs Brokerage fees even though NAFTA
applies and all they're taking is the Canadian sales taxes.

By the time I pay for all that, I can buy a newer-used computer.  Then,
I've got to pay to have my old one recycled...

All because nobody has an up-to-date cc for older computers _and_ word
has it that modern coders rely more and more on the speed of modern
computers.

If only Unix, Linux, and Debian were written in Fortran77.  Then I could
put OS/2 back on the 486 and run my trusy IBM Fortran77 compiler and
rebuild everything to work great on it.

Progres.

Doug.