Re: hp psc driver question

Andrew Sackville-West wrote:
On Fri, Sep 28, 2007 at 10:01:37AM +0200, steef wrote:
Andrew Sackville-West wrote:
On Thu, Sep 27, 2007 at 11:53:44AM +0200, steef wrote:
hi,

cups gives a driver for the hp-printer psc (all in one) 2500. does anybody know if this driver works also for the hp psc 2575?
according to:

http://hplip.sourceforge.net/supported_devices/inkjet_aio.html

its not (not listed) but since all the listed PSC's are supported as
of version .9.5 and sid's got 1.6.blah I think you're good to go. Note that google provides several hits that claim this printer works as well. A
...thanks [again] andrew. yes, i saw the annotations via google, and, under suse 10 (i use debian!) the machine seems to be supported by the same hplip version as under etch (which i am using as production machine). so: taken together with your advice i am convinced and will buy the hp psc2575 within the hour (it's morning here)..

note that I'm not responsible if it doesn't work.... ;-)
let us know!

hi andrew and others possibly intersted:

the hp psc2575 printer works excellent under etch with the hplip-driverpackage.

regards,

steef