Re: rescue bootable cd ???

On Fri, 28 Sep 2007 17:27:02 -0500
helices <helices@helices.org> wrote:

> What do you do?

If you are looking at just recovering a system that won't boot, you
don't need a specific Debian disk to do it. I usually carry a copy of
the System Rescue CD (http://www.sysresccd.org/Main_Page). It has all
of the tools I need to recover a downed system. If I need to work on
the Debian system itself, I mount the drive and chroot into the
partition. Once there I can su to root so that I am using the proper
Debian environment, run apt-get to update software, and test the
configuration of any of the installed services or utilities.

Why re-invent the wheel?