Re: Installing Debian from partition image

What about installing one Computer and the taring the whole
installation and burn it with a Minimal-Distro on a CD/DVD.

Then booting those CD, untaring the tarbal in the newly crated
partitions and writing the bootloader into it?

I do this for over 4000 installations... for which i need only
210 different CD's for my customers.

Thanks, Greetings and nice Day
    Michelle Konzack
    Systemadministrator
    Tamay Dogan Network
    Debian GNU/Linux Consultant

Am 2007-09-22 12:57:19, schrieb Masatran, R. Deepak:
> I need to install Debian on twenty computers, for desktop use. I intend
> making a partition image, and restoring the partition image on the twenty
> computers. And Gilles Mocellin had suggested using DSH when it is necessary
> to run a command on all computers.
>
> Installing the partition from the Debian 4.0r0 multi-arch DVD, without any
> updates to it, will allow easy replication, since the DVD is widely
> available, right?
>
> I haven't created/installed from partition image before. Are there any
> pitfalls that I need to be careful of?
>
> I am looking at Mondo Rescue, and PartImage. Which of these is better for
> this task?
>
> I looked at Beowulf, but it appears to be too much work. Is there any easy
> way of making a computer cluster out of these computers that have already
> been purchased?

                   50, rue de Soultz         MSN LinuxMichi
0033/6/61925193    67100 Strasbourg/France   IRC #Debian (irc.icq.com)