Re: htsearch problem after Sarge->Etch system upgrade

OK guys,

the "problem" is solved and my Debian belief is recovered to the previous very hi level ;o)

My Web-developers have created their own .../cgi-bin/ directory which will be used in the Apache configuration insted of the standard /usr/lib/cgi-bin/ ... and have copied (!!!) the binary "htsearch" in it. It is clear, that upgrading the htdig package the local copy of "htsearch" wasn't updated at all.

SOLUTION is: "ln -s /usr/lib/cgi-bin/htsearch /local-path/cgi-bin/htsearch"

Alex

Alexander Schäfer schrieb:
Hello,

we've upgraded our company's web-server (runnun with apache2) from 3.1 to 4.0. All is working well after upgrade, but not the "htsearch" function, which is used for the product search on our web-site. The error message in the Apache-Log is the like:
***
[Wed Sep 26 16:49:35 2007] [error] [client 10.10.0.102] /srv/cgi-bin/htsearch: error while loading shared libraries: libdb2.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory, referer: http://10.10.154.177/COM/search.php?SearchText=df&Typensuche2=Search
***
htsearch is a cgi-script which is installed with the Debian packet "htdig". htdig is also available in the "etch" distribution. But why we do have this unsolved dependency: libdb2.so.2 ? Due to Debian repository: libdb2 is not available for "etch" anymore.

What can i do, to get the htsearch running on the "etch"-server?

Thanks for your suggestions
Alex